NEW! Curbside Craft Kits
Curbside craft kits are now available! They’re a creative way of bringing the Children’s Library to you while the library is closed. Kits will include two to three activities with simple instructions and materials to make fun craft activities at home. Best for kids ages 4-10 and their grown-ups, too! Examples include bubble art, solar prints, and string stars. The crafts will change periodically, and we ask that you only request one per child as we assess demand. The craft selections will be announced in our Owlet e-news, so be sure to sign up for the latest news.
Please note that curbside craft kits are for Athenæum members only. Please follow our curbside guidelines to retrieve your child’s craft bag.
Current curbside hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, 10am-4pm
You will be notified when your order is ready.
Curbside Basics (click here for a more detailed Q&A)
1. Give us a call (401-421-6970) during our curbside hours to request library materials or curbside crafts for kids. Please limit your request to five items and/or one curbside craft kit per child.
2. A staff member will call you back when your materials are ready to pick up (or simply arrange a pickup time if you’re only requesting a craft kit).
3. Come to the library during curbside hours. Please wear a mask and observe social distancing when outside your home!
4. Call 401-421-6970 to alert staff you are at the College Street entrance.
5. Staff will bring your items out and place them on a table on the walkway. Collect your materials and leave any returns.