*PLEASE NOTE: This event will take place at the First Unitarian Church from 6-8pm. Registration is required for entry.*
The Athenæum is proud to present bestselling author Meg Wolitzer for a public lecture in the humanities. Her newest novel, The Female Persuasion, has been called “the perfect feminist blockbuster for our times,” and the recent film adaptation of The Wife has captivated audiences and earned Glenn Close a Golden Globe for Best Actress. Book sale and signing to follow.
– Location: The program has been moved to the First Unitarian Church at 1 Benevolent Street (on the corner of Benefit and Benevolent, two blocks from the library).
– Time: 6-8pm. Doors open at 5:15pm; the speaking program will begin at 6pm.
– Book Sale: Skip the lines and pre-purchase! The Female Persuasion can be pre-purchased online by choosing the “Admission with book purchase” option in registration. Advance sales end on March 11th. Books purchased online will be available for pick up in the Atrium of the First Unitarian Church on March 22nd one hour before and up to an hour after the program. Books will also be available for sale the day of the event.
– Book Signing: Immediately following the program, Meg Wolitzer will sign books in the Atrium of the First Unitarian Church.
– Parking: The First Unitarian Church has a small adjacent parking lot with an entrance on Benefit Street. Additional street parking is available, and we encourage attendees to leave ample time to find parking.
– Access: Doors will open at 5:15pm. Please enter the church through the main doors on Benefit Street. Those who prefer to avoid stairs should use the accessible entrance on Benevolent Street.
– Seating: Seating is general admission. There will be additional seats available on the mezzanine level.
– Q&A: Following the speaking program, there will be a Q&A with selected, pre-submitted questions. You are invited to submit questions when you register.
--Meg Wolitzer is The New York Times–bestselling author of The Interestings, The Uncoupling, The Ten-Year Nap, The Position, The Wife, and Sleepwalking. She is also the author of the young adult novel Belzhar. Ms. Wolitzer lives in New York City.